Monday, February 18, 2013

The Naive Economy Class Traveler

So I'm sitting in first class making a complete fool of myself! How was I supposed to know the tray was hiding in the arm rest? I'm use to the pull down ones...oops. Guess I don't get out much and the airlines I normally fly with have one class-coach! I'm sure the businessman to my right was thinking "yea she's never flown first class...amateur" he never turned his head or eye my way the entire flight. Breakfast was served and wow was it more than I expected. When she asked if I wanted fruit and granola or egg quesadilla i went with the simpler of the two-granola. I thought I would be presented with a small cup of yogurt parfait...something similar to the ones found at McDonalds. But no! She handed me a hot towel and proceeded to place a tray draped in cloth in front of me. There lay a bowl of granola, a banana, a bowl of melons, a small carton of milk and a very small yet cute water glass. I ate my food and once the food was removed by the lovely flight attendant, I proceeded to hide my tray back in the arm rest where I had found it; only after the flight attendant practically pulled it out for me in the first place. I fidgeted with that darn tray for like 30sec before I said eff it! Too many swivels and I was growing impatient and uncomfortable the more I seemed so uncertain with this thing! I'll have to pull the ol' inconspicuous glance over to see how everyone else puts their's back in. And in the meantime pretend I wanted to keep the tray out anyway! Geez! Who knew flying first class would be so intimidating. I've learned, the vast majority of people who fly this darn early in the morning are business hotshots and executives with their fancy briefcases/computer bags and tailored suits. I must say I did look the part with my wool pleated coat and leather riding boats. And although my fancy briefcase was a sale item from Target, I think it's pretty chic. I will say, I have been spoiled though. VIP access at TSA, priority boarding and seating, and no baggage check fee. I could get use to this...plus I could go for a little more practice working that dang tray! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment