Saturday, April 28, 2012

Workin' On The Weekends

Mommies are on call 24/7! No weekends and no holidays!

I thought I would get a little sleep last nite, but Dreux had other plans! Around 11pm we called it a night and past out on the couch. About 2 hrs later she was up and boy was she hungry! Fed and changed her and she went back to sleep! Finally...sleep! But at 3am she was up again! In between trying to feed, washing my pumping tools, and pumping...I was a reck running around this house in a lethargic daze. After a few moments of letting her just bellow til I got things situated, I found myself pumping and nursing simultaneously (thanks to the nursing bustier Derek bought for hands free lactation). Yay! I did it. Managed to feed her and have a bag to store for later. Finally sleep right? Wrong! Dreux was up for another THREE whole hours smiling, pooting, and giving mommie the most "sloby-est" kisses. By 6am she was out and it didn't take long for me to follow. However by 8:30 she was up...again! So here I am an hour after she woke up and Dreux has managed to poop up her back, go through two diapers, throw a crying fit, has had a bath, ate yet again, and is sleep! It's amazing how much has been accomplished all before 9:30! Now....what am I going to eat........

No comments:

Post a Comment