Thursday, April 26, 2012

First Scare!

Yesterday Dreux decided to scare mommie!

Around 1pm I got a text from the babysitter that Dreux wasn't waking up! Not waking up? What does that mean??? For an hr and a half I waiting at work giving her ideas on what to do to wake her! Grab something from the fridge and place it on her tummy....nothing! Un-swaddle her...nothing! Change her...nothing. Feed her....nothing! Needless to say I was FREAKING OUT! I contemplated for a while on whether or not I was panicking for no reason or had just cause to be concerned. I looked at the time on my computer-2:46pm! That's it, I'm going home to my baby! We had been texting and calling each other since 1:10pm she still wasn't up and had been sleep since 11am! This is not like her I thought to myself. Dreux will wake up when she's getting changed and she will DEFINITELY wake up to eat! No since in trying to figure it out from my office...I'm going home!

I sent my senior a quick email, shut down my lap top, and I was out the door in a manner of minutes! When I got home I couldn't believe it....Dreux was WIDE awake!

You never really know what panicking is until you think something could be wrong with your child and you are away from them! Luckily Dreux was fine and was just extremely tired...possibly going thought a growth spurt, but mommy was a mess!

Lesson learned: BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY. You can NEVER be too concerned with the well being of your child. If you are at work and suspect something could be wrong LEAVE. Nothing is more important at that time than your child. If your managers can't understand that, then sorry for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment